Multiwatch forks multiple instance of one application and keeps them running;
it is made to be used with spawn-fcgi, so all forks share the same fastcgi
socket (no webserver restart needed if you increase/decrease the number of
forks), and it is easier than to setup multiple daemontool supervised instances.
Example for spawning two rails instances::
# run script
exec spawn-fcgi -n -s /tmp/fastcgi-rails.sock -u www-rails -U www-data -- /usr/bin/multiwatch -f 2 -- /home/rails/public/dispatch.fcgi
More details in the man page.
* glib >= 2.16.0 (http://www.gtk.org/)
* libev (http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html)
* cmake or autotools (for snapshots/releases the autotool generated files are included)
* snapshot/release with autotools::
* build from git: git://git.lighttpd.net/multiwatch.git
* with autotools::
* with cmake (should work with snapshots/releases too)::