This is where we encapsulate all per-request data from peer to hash to peer_id, so that it is
available everywhere without passing hundreds of pointers down the stack. Most functions that
do work down the stack now accept an ot_workstruct and some flags. So it can end up in the
stats/event-handler where it will be the default parameter in the future.
** peer_id is now being copied by default and moved to ot_workstruct
So it is available in stats and subsequent functions.
** sync scrape madness is gone
SYNC_SCRAPE was intended to sync tracker state that would normally be lost on restarts i.e.
downloaded counts per torrent. The way was to push it in the tracker cloud after finding all
This is madness. It never was tested and can be done per tracker by fetching
stats/mode=statedump from time to time and starting opentracker with the -l option later.
** livesync thread has its own ot_workstruct now
So it can behave like ot_udp and ot_http against trackerlogic.c and get rid of the first half
of the embarrassing global variables. The sending half will be fixed soon [tm].
** stats can log completed events
The author recognizes the needs of original content distributors to keep track of the amount
of times a work has been downloaded. While not feasible and used on openbittorrent and other
open and anonymous tracker installations, a tracker user can now choose to send those events
* the new workstruct also introduces a well defined buffer and result passing path
* a new function scan_find_keywords is a wrapper around scan_urlencoded_query that maps keys in url to values passed in an array of ot_keywords structs
* this new function cleans up much of url parameter parsing work, where read_ptr and write_ptr have been introduced rather than the confusing char *c, *data variables
* I now use memcmp instead of byte_diff to allow compiler to optimize constant size string compares
* got rid of UTORRENT_1600_WORKAROUND
* livesync_ticker is now only called from one (currently main) thread to avoid race conditions
* lock passing between add_peer_to_torrent and return_peers_for_torrent is now avoided by providing a more general add_peer_to_torrent_and_return_peers function that can be used with NULL parameters to not return any peers (in sync case)
* in order to keep a fast overview how many torrents opentracker maintains, every mutex_bucket_unlock operation expects an additional integer parameter that tells ot_mutex.c how many torrents have been added or removed. A function mutex_get_torrent_count has been introduced.
Introduced READ16/32 and WRITE16/32 makros to abstract loading/storing from unaligned addresses away on cpu's that can actually load/store everywhere
Removed all unnecessary memmoves, especially where it only moved 6 bytes in inner loop. I replaced them with WRITE16/32(READ16/32()) makros
added a config file parser
added tracker id
changed WANT_CLOSED_TRACKER and WANT_BLACKLIST into WANT_ACCESS_WHITE and WANT_ACCESS_BLACK
changed WANT_TRACKER_SYNC to WANT_SYNC_BATCH and added WANT_SYNC_LIVE
added an option to switch off fullscrapes
cleaned up many internal hardcoded values, like PROTO_FLAG,