- .TH buffer_getline 3
- .SH NAME
- buffer_getline \- read line from buffer
- .SH SYNTAX
- .B #include <buffer.h>
- int \fBbuffer_getline\fP(buffer* \fIb\fR,char* \fIx\fR,unsigned long int \fIlen\fR);
- .SH DESCRIPTION
- buffer_getline copies data from \fIb\fR to \fIx\fR, \fIx\fR, ...,
- \fIx\fR[\fIlen\fR-1] until \fIlen\fR bytes have been copied or a
- new-line character ('\\n') is encountered. That character is also
- Note that line is not 0-terminated to make reading lines with 0-bytes
- possible through this interface.
- .SH "RETURN VALUE"
- Number of bytes read (without '\\n'), -1 on error (setting \fIerrno\fR).
- .SH "SEE ALSO"
- buffer_init(3), buffer_feed(3), buffer_peek(3), buffer_seek(3), buffer(3)