- .TH mmap_read 3
- .SH NAME
- mmap_read \- memory map a file for reading
- .SH SYNTAX
- .B #include <mmap.h>
- extern char* \fBmmap_read\fP(const char* \fIfilename\fR,unsigned long* \fIfilesize\fR);
- .SH DESCRIPTION
- mmap_read opens \fIfilename\fR for reading, maps the whole file into
- memory, closes the file, writes the length of the file to \fIfilesize\fR
- and returns a pointer to the mapped file.
- The file is unmapped by the operating system if the process terminates.
- It can also be manually unmapped by calling \fBmunmap\fR from
- .SH "SEE ALSO"