- .TH mmap_private 3
- .SH NAME
- mmap_private \- memory map a file for reading and writing
- .SH SYNTAX
- .B #include <mmap.h>
- extern char* \fBmmap_private\fP(const char* \fIfilename\fR,unsigned long* \fIfilesize\fR);
- .SH DESCRIPTION
- mmap_private opens \fIfilename\fR for reading and writing, maps the
- whole file into memory, closes the file, writes the length of the file
- to \fIfilesize\fR and returns a pointer to the mapped file.
- The file is mapped copy-on-write. Changes done to the mapped region
- will not be written to disk.
- The file is unmapped by the operating system if the process terminates.
- It can also be manually unmapped by calling \fBmunmap\fR from
- .SH "SEE ALSO"