- .TH taia_now 3
- .SH NAME
- taia_now \- get current time
- .SH SYNTAX
- .B #include <taia.h>
- extern int \fBtaia_now\fP(struct taia* \fIt\fR);
- .SH DESCRIPTION
- taia_now puts the current time into \fIt\fR. More precisely: tai_now puts into
- \fIt\fR its best guess as to the TAI64NA label for the 1-attosecond interval that
- contains the current time.
- This implementation of taia_now assumes that the time_t returned from
- the time function represents the number of TAI seconds since 1970-01-01
- 00:00:10 TAI. This matches the convention used by the Olson tz library
- in ``right'' mode.
- Beware that many clocks are not set accurately, and even the best
- scientific clocks are nowhere near 1-attosecond accuracy; however, an
- inaccurate clock may still produce reasonably accurate time differences.
- .SH "SEE ALSO"