- .TH fmt_human 3
- .SH NAME
- fmt_human \- write a human readable ASCII representation of a long integer
- .SH SYNTAX
- .B #include <libowfat/fmt.h>
- size_t \fBfmt_human\fP(char *\fIdest\fR,unsigned long long \fIsource\fR);
- .SH DESCRIPTION
- fmt_human writes a human readable ASCII representation of \fIsource\fR
- to \fIdest\fR and returns the number of bytes written. The result
- resembles the file size output of "ls -H"; 1000 becomes "1.0k", 1000000
- becomes "1.0M" and so on for "G" and "T".
- fmt_human does not append \\0.
- If \fIdest\fR equals FMT_LEN (i.e. is zero), fmt_human returns the number
- of bytes it would have written.
- The output of fmt_human can not exceed 11 (assuming unsigned long long
- has 64 bits).
- .SH "SEE ALSO"
- fmt_humank(3), scan_human(3)